What is SAC?
Our School Advisory Council (SAC) helps to make important decisions for our school’s improvement and increased student achievement.
- Consists of teachers, students, parents and educational support personnel (elected by their peers), and other citizens representative of the ethnic, racial and economic community served by school.
- SAC members attend meetings only ONCE a month.
- Approves of the expenditure of school improvement funds.
- Supports school improvement implementation.
- Collects and analyzes information about the community and the school, and receives public input regarding needs (Needs Assessment) of the school. SACs provides ongoing review of the progress being made toward implementation of the School Improvement Plan. SACs evaluates success by monitoring short-term and long-term outcomes.
- SAC & the school’s staff jointly decide on how to spend A+ recognition money.
- SAC reviews and identifies problem areas, develops improvement strategies, monitors their implementation, and then starts the whole process over when the next round of data is available.